A Skinnygirl’s Guide to Cinco de Mayo
Personally, I love Cinco de Mayo because it is a colorful, festive holiday where you don’t have to take yourself too seriously. Here are a few tips to help make your fiesta fun and stress-free.
Drinking like a Skinnygirl does not mean depriving yourself of the cocktails you love, it just means being smart about what you put in them. Take frozen margaritas – they usually have between 500 and 1,000 calories! That’s why first invited my now-famous Skinnygirl Margarita, which only has 100 calories per serving. I love taking a drink that would normally be loaded down with sugar and calories and making it so you can enjoy it guilt-free.
Here are a few of my favorite Skinnygirl Margarita Recipes:
– Have a signature cocktail: Premix it in pitchers and let your guests help themselves. This eliminates the expense and hassle of stocking a full bar. Plus it saves you from the sticky mess of people mixing their own drinks.
– Skip the salt: Opt out of salting the rim of your margarita to avoid unnecessary bloating and dehydration.
– Keep hydrated: Don’t forget to put out pitchers of water (with some lemons and/or limes) and water glasses so your guests can stay hydrated!
When people are drinking, they should also be eating, if you want the party to stay under at least some reasonable control. Great food can elevate the mood and make everybody happy.
– Don’t try to do everything: Buy the difficult items and make the easy ones. Run to the store and stock up on a few bags of Skinnygirl chips and dips for guests to snack on while you whip up a fresh bowl of mock-a-mole.
– Recruit your friends: Why should you make everything? Have a few solid dishes and then invite your guests to bring a snack or dessert.
Skinnygirl Cinco de Mayo inspired recipes:
With Labor Day behind us, summer is officially on its way out. My Peanut is getting ready to head back to school, and I’m sure some of you...READ MORE