Ravishing Red Sangria
This red sangria is bold but has a perfect hint of sweetness, and it’s nice even in cooler weather. It holds up in the fridge, so you can make it well ahead of time. Don’t be afraid to mix it up and use other fruit too!
– One 750 ml bottle Skinnygirl California Red or Cabernet Sauvignon, or other red wine
– 3 ounces vodka (optional)
– 2 ounces triple sec or other orange or citrus liqueur
– 2 ounces lemon Sour Mix
– 2 ounces orange juice
– 1 orange, sliced
– 1 apple, sliced
– A handful of green grapes, cut in half
– Diet lemon-lime or club soda, for serving (optional)
(Serves 6 to 8)
1. Combine the wine, vodka (if using), triple sec, sour mix, and orange juice in a pitcher and stir. Refrigerate for at least an hour to chill well.
2. Before serving, drop in the orange, apple, and grapes. Add ice cubes (the larger, the better) to the pitcher. Serve over ice in a red wine glass. If you like your sangria on the lighter side, top it off with a splash of club soda.
Variation: Use different fruits depending on the season. For winter, pears, grapefruits, and other citrus fruits are nice. In spring and summer, peaches, plums, and berries are perfect–though they’re softer so they’ll get mushy if they sit too long in liquid. Add them as closely as possible to when you’re serving to keep them intact.
For more fun and flirty cocktail recipes, check out Skinnygirl Cocktails by Bethenny Frankel, available on Amazon.com.
Believe it or not, we’re only one week out from the Real Housewives of New York City Season 8 premiere. The fun, the fashion, and of cours...READ MORE