Bethenny’s Frozen Mango Margarita Recipe
Frozen margarita mixes are usually made with crazy amounts of sugar, but my version is a fresh, cool treat that won’t load you down with calories. You can make this into any flavor you want by simply using a different fruit puree.
– 1 ¼ ounces white (clear) tequila (100% agave)
– ½ ounce triple sec or other orange/citrus liqueur
– 2 ounces lemon-lime sour mix (see below)
– 1 ounce mango puree (or ¼ cup frozen mango)
– Lime wheel, for garnish
Fill the glass you’re serving the drink in with ice, then dump the ice into a blender. Add the tequila, triple sec, sour mix and blend until smooth. Pour into the glass. Garnish with a lime wheel on the rim.
Sweet & Sour
Sour mix is a great way to add a little citrus-y punch to a drink – i use it a lot of my cocktail recipes. By varying the juice, you can make lemon sour, lime sour or combine the two for lemon-lime sour.
– 2 parts fresh lemon or lime juice
– 1 part Simple Syrup (1 part sugar, 3 parts boiling water)
Pour the juice and simple syrup into a jar or bowl. Stir to combine. Store any leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge.
For more yummy cocktail recipes like this one, check out Skinnygirl Cocktails!
As you may know, I am the executive producer on FYI Network’s new show “Food Porn.” There are more than 50 million Instagr...READ MORE