Here’s When It’s Time to Toss Your Makeup
Your makeup doesn’t last forever, so toss that pink glittery eyeshadow you bought in the eighties. In general, if you haven’t used up your makeup, throw it away according to this timetable:
– Four months for mascara and liquid eyeliner.
– One year for water-based or cream-based products like water-based foundation, concealer, cream eyeshadow, and water-based or cream-based cleansers.
– One year for nail polish.
– Eighteen months for oily or waxy products like oil-based foundation, crayon liner, lip liner, and lipstick.
– Two years for powder products like powder eyeshadow, powder compacts, and loose powder.
– About two years for perfume in a spray bottle and one year for perfume in a regular bottle. After that, if you still like the fragrance, use it as a sheet spray.
This is an excerpt from Skinnygirl Solutions by Bethenny Frankel, available on Amazon.com.