3 Fun and Easy Memorial Day Crafts
On Memorial Day, we take a moment to celebrate our freedom and show patriotism. I wanted to share these fun and easy crafts in hopes that you’ll be inspired to make them with your peanuts to honor our soldiers.
MEMORIAL DAY POPPERS
– 12×12 scrapbook paper, cut into fourths (I chose festive colors)
– White tissue paper
– Candy/small prizes
1. Cut tissue paper a little wider than scrapbook paper and place it on the wrong side of the scrapbook paper.
2. Line back of scrapbook paper with tissue paper and roll both together to form a cylinder. Tape shut leaving about 1-2 inches of tissue paper coming out of each side.
3. Tie one end with ribbon to secure shut.
4. Fill cylinder with candy. Make sure to get the candy inside of the tissue paper.
5. Tie other end of cylinder shut to seal in the candy.
STAR SPANGLED SLIME
– ⅓ Cup liquid starch
– 2 Bottles of clear school glue
– Star confetti
1. Pour both bottles of glue into the bottom of a large bowl.
2. Slowly add the liquid starch, a tiny bit at a time. Stir for a while after each bit that you add.
3. Stir together before adding more starch. Keep adding it, a little at a time, until the mixture begins to stick together and congregate in the center of the bowl. Continue stirring and adding starch until bits of the goop no longer sticks to your fingers when you touchit.
4. Add the star confetti as you knead for a few minutes to get a smooth, uniform consistency.
EGG CARTON AMERICAN FLAG
– 18 count egg carton
– Red, white, and blue paint
– White paper
1. Start by painting the 4 egg carton cups in the left corner blue. Then paint red stripes in all the “crevasses.”
2. After the red paint dries, grab some white paint and cover the tops.
3. Draw 4 stars and cut them out. Glue them to the blue part of the flag and you’re done! Tap ribbon to the top to add some more flair.