Bethenny’s Zesty Baked Chicken Wings
These aren’t like buffalo wings with a lot of sauce. These are flavorful, zesty, lemony wings baked instead of fried in oil, making them an excellent investment. The chicken marinates for a few hours – which means you don’t have to babysit it and you can do other things. Actual prep time is quick.
What are wings without dip? I included my recipe for a healthier alternative to ranch or bleu cheese that is just as yummy.
This is my favorite recipe to bring to a 4th of July cook out or BBQ. They’re always a big hit and you can even make them on the grill.
– 3 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
– Dash of cayenne pepper
– 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon pepper
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
– 16 chicken wings, halved at the joint and with the tip removed
– Cooking spray
– 1 cup grated fresh Parmesan
– 6 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
– 1 1/2 cups dry whole wheat bread crumbs
– 1 cup fat-free yogurt
– 1/2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
– 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
– 1/4 tsp fresh lemon zest
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1/4 tsp black pepper
– 1/8 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1. Put the first eight ingredients (through lemon zest) in a large bowl and whisk until combined. Pour over wings, transfer to a Ziploc bag, and marinate in the fridge for one to four hours (overnight is better).
2. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
3. Line a baking pan with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray, set aside.
4. Mix together Parmesan, parsley and bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Coat wings in the breadcrumb mixture. Place on prepared pan.
5. Bake on lowest oven rack for 20 minutes, then turn and cook for 10 more minutes.
6. While the wings are baking, combine all of the dip ingredients in a small bowl. Serve the wings warm with the dip.