Wasabi Tuna Sliders
These sliders make a great party food because they are masculine and fun, but also very healthy. You’ll get a hearty dose of omega-3 fatty acids from the tuna, while wasabi adds a pungent bit of spice.
– 1 1/2 cups minced scallions
– 3 teaspoons minced garlic
– 2 1/4 chopped fresh cilantro
– 6 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
– 3 pounds tuna steak, cut into chunks
– 6 tablespoons wasabi paste
– 3 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
– 6 teaspoons Dijon mustard
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 2 teaspoons olive oil
– 10 to 15 small buns or rolls, preferable whole wheat
Makes 10-15 sliders
1. Combine the scallions, garlic, cilantro, and soy sauce in a bowl and mix until incorporated. Mix in the tuna until combined. Add the wasabi paste, ginger, mustard, salt, and pepper.
2. Using an ice-cream scoop, make burgers out of the mixture. Place them on a plate and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tuna sliders and sauté for 5 minutes on each side. Serve on whole-wheat rolls.