Tacos are quick, fun and easy to put on the table, especially when you have to feed more than just yourself. “Regular” tacos can be a greasy mess of fried meat, lard filled beans, and fatty cheese. That’s not how Skinnygirls eat. I prefer to use soft tacos because you can by low-fat whole-wheat tortillas. They have more fiber and more volume. Warm them in the microwave and let everyone put the ingredients they like on their own taco. With this recipe, all of the ingredients are a good investments so no matter what you choose, you’ll be getting a good meal.
– 1 pound ground meatless crumbles (I used Yves)
– 2 teaspoons chili powder
– 2 teaspoons cumin
– 1 teaspoon garlic salt
– 1 teaspoon black pepper
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
– 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
– 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
– 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
– 8 whole wheat taco shells
Taco Topping Options:
Serves 4 (2 tacos per serving)
1. Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and put over medium heat. Place meatless crumbles in pan. Add all the other ingredients, saute until warm and combine flavors. Stirring and breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon or spatula, until the meat is browned. Set aside.
2. Wrap the tortillas in a towel and heat in the microwave for 15 to 30 seconds. Serve still wrapped in the towel to keep them warm.
3. To serve put the meat, tortillas and toppings out and pass the places. Everyone can enjoy assembling their own taco.