Vegan Stuffed Squash Blossoms
This time of year always gets me excited for the endless cooking possibilities. The holidays are a great time to experiment with a variety of dishes, both traditional and not.
If you are hosting your own Thanksgiving get together this year, or even if you are attending someone else’s party, it is always nice to have/bring an appetizer for the event. Bring something a bit different to the table this year with my recipe for Vegan Stuffed Squash Blossoms.
– 3 Red Potatoes
– 1 tsp. of Sea Salt
– ½ cup of Coconut Milk
– 15 Squash Blossoms
– ½ cup of Sunflower Oil
– 1 cup of Italian Panko
– 1 cup of Sunflower Oil for Frying
1. Peel the red potatoes and cut them into bite-sized chunks. (Should be equal size pieces so they cook evenly).
2. Put in cold water and bring water to a boil.
3. After water is boiling, salt with 1 tsp. sea salt.
4. Cook about 35-40 minutes until potatoes are fork tender.
5. While the water is boiling, rinse the blossoms and let air dry on a paper towel.
6. Drain the potatoes.
7. Mash the potatoes with a hand masher and add coconut milk. Continue to mash until well-incorporated.
8. Stuff the squash blossoms with the mashed potatoes. (I use a pastry bag.) Fill up to the top with just enough room to seal them.
9. Roll each blossom into the sunflower oil, then into the panko. (This helps keep the top sealed.) Fry in the sunflower oil until golden brown.
Time to get your shiz together. Because it’s never too late for a little spring cleaning, here are some of my favorite finds for your work...READ MORE