Vegan Divas Chocolate Mousse
This is a recipe I made for The Vegan Divas Cookbook by Fernanda Capobianco who is also the owner of the Vegan Divas Bakery on the Upper East Side. This delish chocolate mousse is vegan AND gluten-free! Make a batch to treat yourself or package it up to give as a gift for the holidays.
– 5 packages of Mori-nu silken tofu, extra firm (you can buy it at most grocery stores or on Amazon.com)
– 4 cups vegan, kosher, non-dairy chocolate chips
– 1/4 cup canola oil
– 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
– 2 cups Sucanat sweetener
– 1/2 teaspoon + 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Makes 15 servings
1. In a large food processor, place silken tofu, Sucanat, vanilla extract, and salt. Process for about 7 minutes until all ingredients are fully mixed.
2. In a saucepan, place chocolate chips and canola oil and melt ingredients slowly so the chocolate will not burn or get bitter. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon.
3. When chocolate is smooth and silky, place melted chocolate in the food processor with all the ingredients and process for about 5 minutes. Make sure you scrape down the sides of the food processor.
4. Place in the refrigerator for about 4–5 hours.
5. Spoon into 15 different bowls or small mason jars and top with fresh raspberries or cocoa nibs if desired. For a special occasion, finish it off with an edible gold leaf or a ribbon.