Vegan Coconut Cupcakes
I used to make these vegan cupcakes for my first company, BethennyBakes. They are to die for if you love coconut. If you don’t like coconut, just leave it out – they’re just as good.
– ¾ cup raw sugar
– 1 ¼ cups oat flour
– ⅓ cup vegan shortening (mixed into the flour, not melted)
– 1 ½ tsp baking powder
– ½ tsp salt
– ½ cup soy milk
– ¾ tsp vanilla extract
– ¾ tsp coconut extract
*Makes 8 cupcakes
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake pans with liners.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients in one bowl and all the wet ingredients in another. Mix them each, then mix them together.
3. Using an ice cream scoop (perfect for portion control), transfer the batter into the liners. Bake for 20 minutes, rotating the pan after 10 minutes, or until tops of cupcakes are firm. Let cool.
Coconut Icing Ingredients:
– ½ cup vegan shortening
– ½ cup vegan margarine
– 3 ½ cups powdered sugar
– 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
– ½ tsp coconut extract
– Shaved coconut for garnish (about 1 cup)
Directions: Mix all ingredients together, then spread on the cupcakes. Garnish with shaved coconut.
Once you break the chain, it’s time to Find Your Truth. Who are you, and what do you want? It’s not an interrogation. It’s a call to i...READ MORE