Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes
These pancakes are for the kind of morning where you can spend a few extra moments indulging. Plus they’ve have fiber and vitamin A, so you can enjoy them knowing they’re a great start to the day.
– 1 cup whole-wheat pancake mix
– 1 cup cold water
– 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
– Nonstick vegetable cooking spray
– Butter, room temperature
– 1 cup maple syrup
– 5 Tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted
1. Preheat oven 350°, place pumpkin seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
2. Bake 3-5 minutes, until fragrant and seeds start to have color.
3. Remove seeds from oven, and combine maple syrup and pumpkin seeds in small microwave-safe bowl.
4. Heat in microwave on high until hot, about 25 seconds.
5. Set syrup aside and keep warm.
1. In a medium bowl, whisk pancake mix, water, pumpkin, cinnamon, and ginger until just blended (do not over mix; mixture should be lumpy).
2. Spray a heavy griddle with nonstick spray and heat griddle over medium heat.
3. Spoon 2 tablespoons of batter onto griddle to form each pancake.
4. Cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear, then turn pancakes over and cook for 2 minutes longer.
5. Transfer pancakes to plates. Top with butter and serve with warm syrup.