Spice Up Your Sandwich: Give Your Mayo Personality
Sometimes I like plain mayonnaise, but sometimes, I want to make my mayo more exciting. You can add so many different flavors to mayonnaise to match whatever kind of sandwich you are having.
Add any of the following to ½ cup regular or soy mayonnaise (enough for about 4 sandwiches):
– 1 tbsp chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, for a Latin flavor
– 1 tbsp minced sun-dried tomatoes, chopped olives, or tapenade, for a Mediterranean flavor
– 1 tbsp barbecue sauce
– 1 tbsp pesto
– 1 tsp soy sauce
– ½ tsp prepared horseradish
– ½ tsp Old Bay or Cajun seasoning, for a New Orleans-inspired flavor
– ½ tsp curry powder, for an Indian flavor
– ½ tsp wasabi or grated fresh ginger, for an Asian flavor
– 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce, for zest
– 1 tbsp chopped fresh herbs, for a fresh flavor
This is an excerpt from The Skinnygirl Dish by Bethenny Frankel, available on Amazon.com.