Asian Shrimp Salad and Dressing Recipe
This filling entrée salad makes an excellent lunch, as well as an elegant side salad when you have dinner guests.
Asian Shrimp Salad
(Serves 8 as an entrée, 12 as a side salad)
– 8 oz. bag pre-washed baby spinach leaves
– 1 medium head Napa cabbage, shredded
– 1 pound sugar snap pea pods, halved
– 1 can drained slices water chestnuts
– 1 small bag shredded carrots
– 1 pound chilled shrimp split in half lengthwise (16 to 20 count)
– 1 bunch chopped scallions-only the green parts
– 4 oz. sliced toasted almonds (toast them in a skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, for about five minutes)
Asian Dressing Ingredients
– 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
– 4 teaspoons dark sesame oil
– 1/2 cup rice vinegar
– 4 teaspoons soy sauce
– 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
– 2 teaspoons minced garlic
– 6 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Whisk all of the ingredients for the Asian dressing together in a bowl.
2. Toss salad together and serve with Asian Dressing.