Quick & Easy Linguine Dinner
I love this easy pasta recipe! It is the the perfect dish to make when you need to whip something up in a hurry. You can make up to 8 servings with this recipe, but unless you have a big family it will likely be too much to eat in one sitting, so just save the rest for later.
-2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
-Salt and pepper, to taste
-1 pound spinach or other linguini
-2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
-1 bag baby spinach, washed
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1 cup ricotta cheese
-½ cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus additional for finishing
-2 tablespoons chopped chives
1. Toast the pine nuts briefly in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Watch closely because they can burn quickly.
2. Bring a pot of salted water to boil and cook the pasta according to package directions.
3. Meanwhile, in a separate large nonstick pan over medium-high heat, heat half the olive oil, then add the spinach and garlic. Saute until the spinach is wilted, then season with salt and pepper. Turn off the heat.
4. When the pasta is finished cooking, add it to the spinach mixture with a slotted spoon. Add one spoonful of pasta water. Stir in ricotta and Parmesan cheeses and toss well. Season with additional salt and pepper, if necessary.
5. Mount the pasta on a platter or individual plates and sprinkle evenly with pine nuts, chives, and additional Parmesan. Serve hot.