Pureed Zucchini Soup
This Pureed Zucchini Soup is gentle, purifying, savory and is guaranteed to make you feel better whenever you eat it. I love to make big batches of it to eat throughout the week or freeze it for when I need a healthy meal in a hurry. Enjoy it hot or cold, this soup is delicious year round.
– 1 medium red onion, evenly chopped
– Nonstick cooking spray
– 6 cups chicken stock or broth
– 6 medium-sized zucchini evenly chopped
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 12 oz. frozen butternut squash, defrosted
– 1 cup plain soymilk
– Juice of 1/2 lemon
Serves 6 to 8
1. Sauté the onions and zucchini in a large pot using nonstick cooking spray.
2. Add the chicken stock or broth, salt and pepper. Cook until zucchini are soft.
3. Using a hand (immersion) blender, puree the onion-zucchini mixture until smooth. Add the defrosted butternut squash.
4. Turn off the heat and add the soymilk and lemon juice. Season with more salt and pepper to taste.