Pop-able Turkey Meatballs
Cocktail party food should always be bite-size. I believe if you make things that are simple and upscale, people will appreciate it. This recipe for pop-able turkey meatballs that I found in Christina Lane’s “Comfort and Joy: Cooking For Two” is a perfect example. This recipe makes 10 meatballs, but can easily be scaled up for your next party or get together.
– Cooking spray
– 1 cup store bought pasta sauce
– ½ lb lean ground turkey
– 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated on a microplane
– 1 large egg yolk
– ½ tsp dried basil
– ⅓ cup dried bread crumbs
– ⅛ tsp salt
– Freshly ground black pepper
– 10 (¼ inch) cheese cubes of your choice (firm cheese such as aged Cheddar work best)
* Makes 10 meatballs
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees °F, and spray and 8-inch square baking dish lightly with cooking spray.
2. Pour the pasta sauce in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the ground turkey with the garlic, egg yolk, basil, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. Mix the mixture very well with your hands, but also be careful not to over-mix and make tough meatballs.
4. Take a level tablespoon of dough, press a cheese chunk in the middle, and top with another level teaspoon of dough. Roll in your hands gently to make a ball. Place each ball in the baking dish. Repeat to use up all turkey mixture and cheese cubes.
5. Bake for 20 mins. Serve immediately.
This recipe was originally featured in Christina Lane’s “Comfort and Joy: Cooking For Two”.
Take a look in your closet. You probably have a ton of clothes that you will never wear again. Now that we are going full speed ahead into t...READ MORE