Pesto Vegetarian Lasagna
I’m all for eating lasagna because it’s an inexpensive way to feed a crowd (or family), but I don’t like the super heavy ones. So my go-to version is a veggie lasagna thats greener and fresher tasting (this one’s all about pesto!) and way less fattening than the usual recipe.
Feel free to sneak in different veggies – sometimes I’ll add in a few handfuls of spinach or some zucchini. You can even make your own pesto (try my recipe on page 208 of The Skinnygirl Dish!)
— Bethenny Frankel (@Bethenny) August 4, 2016
– 8 ounces whole wheat lasagna noodles
– 15 ounces part-skim ricotta
– 1/3 cup chopped basil
– 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
– 1/3 cup packaged pesto
– 4 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella
Optional: Add your favorite red sauces between layers
(Makes 4 servings)
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Set aside.
2. Combine the ricotta, basil, and pine nuts in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray. Spread 1/3 of the pesto into the bottom of the pan. Cover with half the noodles. Spread half the herb-ricotta mixture over the noodles.
4. Repeat with another 1/3 of the pesto, the remaining noodles, and the remaining ricotta-herb mixture, then cover the whole thing with the pesto. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top.
5. Bake for 30 – 45 minutes or until heated through and bubbling.
I’ve made a lot of mistakes in my attempts to get a guy interested in me, and I’ve observed even more mistakes out there in the world. S...READ MORE