Pear and Ginger Crisp Recipe
This is my twist on traditional apple crisp. I love the ginger aspect of this recipe because it’s one of those ingredients that goes perfectly with both the sweet and savory dishes. Not to mention, the spices from this dish create an incredible aroma that will fill your home with holiday goodness.
– ½ cup oat flour
– ½ cup rolled oats
– 1 cup raw sugar
– ⅛ tsp. salt
– ½ cup cold butter
– 3-3 ½ lbs. firm, fresh pears (about 8)
– ½ cup golden raisins
– 2 tsp. cinnamon
– ½ tsp. nutmeg
– ¼ cup lemon juice
– ¼ cup water
– ¼ cup diced candied ginger
1. Mix the ingredients for your topping in a medium bowl. Using a pastry blender, cut in cold butter until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
2. To prep the filling, turn your oven to 375 degrees and spray a large baking dish with cooking spray.
3. Peel and core pears. Cut into quarters, then cut each piece in half the long way.
4. Put pears and raisins in a bowl and toss with cinnamon and nutmeg.
5. Pour the fruit into baking dish and drizzle with lemon juice and water. Sprinkle with ginger followed by the topping.
6. Finish by baking for one hour, or until your fruit is tender and the topping is golden brown.
I often feel like people always eat the same salad with the dressing and they don’t really branch out and try new combinations. I have...READ MORE