Peanut Butter Cookies
With March being National Peanut Month and this Sunday being National Peanut Lovers’ Day there’s no better time to share my recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies. This recipe is still an indulgence, but by eliminating white sugar and using whole-wheat flour, the recipe becomes much healthier than regular peanut butter cookies.
– 3/4 cup oats
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 3/4 cup raw sugar
– 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
– 1 egg
– 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
– 1 cup whole-wheat flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 cup chocolate chips
– 1/4 cup soy milk
Makes 8 large cookies (16 small)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl, mix together ingredients. Stir well until all ingredients are combined.
2. Use a 3 oz. ice cream scoop to drop batter onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (to prevent sticking). Press the scoop of dough flat.
3. Bake for 23 minutes, rotating the cookies at around 12 minutes.
4. Cool slightly on baking sheet before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.