Mykonos Turkey Burger Recipe
This recipe is how actress Maria Menounos gets her burger fix. It calls for healthier ingredients like ground turkey and whole-wheat buns. It might not be authentically Greek, but it calls up those flavors and it’s a lot of burger for a small calorie price.
– 1 pound lean ground turkey 1/3 cup plus 1 teaspoon (for yogurt sauce) chopped fresh parsley plus more for garnish
– 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper plus more for yogurt sauce
– 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more for yogurt sauce
– 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
– 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 3/4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
– 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns, toasted
– 4 slices (about 1/4 inch thick) red onion
– 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
– 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
Makes 4 servings
1. In a medium bowl, combine the ground turkey, parsley, pepper, salt, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic poder, and feta cheese. Use an ice-cream scoop or 1/2-cup measure to make 4 equal-size patties.
2. Put the patties on a broiler pan lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray. Broil the patties for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or until done.
3. Place each burger on the bottom half of a bun. Top with the onion slices. In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, 1 teaspoon parsley, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Top the burgers with the sauce and garnish with more parsley, if desired. Cover with the top half of the bun.
I’m always craving something sweet and I never deprive myself when it comes to treats but it’s important to ask yourself – are...READ MORE