Mykonos Turkey Burger Recipe
This recipe is how actress Maria Menounos gets her burger fix. It calls for healthier ingredients like ground turkey and whole-wheat buns. It might not be authentically Greek, but it calls up those flavors and it’s a lot of burger for a small calorie price.
– 1 pound lean ground turkey 1/3 cup plus 1 teaspoon (for yogurt sauce) chopped fresh parsley plus more for garnish
– 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper plus more for yogurt sauce
– 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more for yogurt sauce
– 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
– 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 3/4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
– 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns, toasted
– 4 slices (about 1/4 inch thick) red onion
– 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
– 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
Makes 4 servings
1. In a medium bowl, combine the ground turkey, parsley, pepper, salt, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic poder, and feta cheese. Use an ice-cream scoop or 1/2-cup measure to make 4 equal-size patties.
2. Put the patties on a broiler pan lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray. Broil the patties for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or until done.
3. Place each burger on the bottom half of a bun. Top with the onion slices. In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, 1 teaspoon parsley, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Top the burgers with the sauce and garnish with more parsley, if desired. Cover with the top half of the bun.