Homemade Almond Granola
I am an advocate for healthy snacking to help curb cravings. Granola is one of my all time faves because it’s so versatile. Add some yogurt and fruit to make a parfait or fill a sandwich baggie and throw it in your purse for a heart healthy snack on the go.
– Vegetable oil
– 4 cups rolled cut oats
– 2 cups slivered almonds
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
– 1/2 cup warm water
– 1/2 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup dried cranberries, dried cherries, or dried blueberries
1. Preheat your oven to 300 and oil two large sheet pans. In a large bowl, stir together oats, almonds, and spices. In a small bowl, stir together warm water, maple syrup and vanilla.
2. Pour the syrup mixture over the nut mixture and stir to combine. Spread mixture onto prepped sheet pans and bake about 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to prevent burning, until granola is crumbly and golden.
3. Remove from oven and immediately stir in dried fruit. Cool and store refrigerated in an airtight container up to one month.
Time to get your shiz together. Because it’s never too late for a little spring cleaning, here are some of my favorite finds for your work...READ MORE