This is a super simple recipe that takes almost no time to make. On top of having great flavor and texture, Zucchini is a powerful antioxidant-rich food and is loaded with vitamins. Use this recipe as an appetizer, a meal, a snack–whatever you want it to be.
– 1/2 cup low-fat cheese, shredded
– 2 whole-wheat tortillas
– 1 zucchini, grated
– 1 yellow bell pepper (or whatever color is your favorite), chopped
– 1 yellow onion, chopped
– 1 tbsp. olive oil
– Guacamole (here’s my recipe for a healthier “mock-a-mole”)
– Low-fat sour cream (optional)
Makes 2 servings
Quick tip: The skin is packed with nutrients so DON’T PEEL THAT ZUCCHINI!
1. Sauté the zucchini, bell pepper, and onion in the olive oil until the onion becomes translucent
2. In a separate pan, add a tortilla and layer with cheese, the vegetables, and the second tortilla
3. Cook until cheese is melted and the tortillas are golden brown, flipping halfway through
4. Top with sour cream, guacamole, and salsa and enjoy!
If you’re getting ready to jet off on a summer adventure, make sure your makeup bag is up for the task. Here’s my recommendation: make u...READ MORE