Guilt-Free Angel Hair Pasta
Craving carbs? This delicious recipe makes an excellent dinner, but you can also make it ahead (or double it) and have the leftovers for lunch the next day. Because whole-grain varieties have more fiber than regular pasta, you’ll feel fuller faster and you’ll eat less now and later. You can also substitute brown rice pasta for the whole wheat pasta if you avoid gluten.
– 2 cups of peppers: a combo of red, yellow and/or orange, sliced in thin strips
– 1/2 cup chopped onion
– 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
– 8 ounces of whole wheat angel hair
– 1/2 cup fresh basil chiffonaded
– 1/8 cup olive oil
– 2 teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoon black pepper
– 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
– 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
– Large handful of baby spinach, optional
1. Bring pasta water to a boil, seasoned with salt.
2. In nonstick pan, over medium heat, saute onion and peppers in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
3. When tender, add tomatoes. With tongs, remove pasta from water and add to pan. (The pasta water is good for thickening sauce.)
4. Add spinach and crushed red pepper.
5. Sprinkle parmesan and fresh basil on top to taste.