Grilled Peach and Arugula Salad
We’re lucky to have access to many types of fruits and vegetables year round at the supermarket, but there’s nothing sweeter than biting into something fresh and in-season. It just tastes better. I’ve been on an arugula kick lately (so much better than kale!) and thought this would be a fabulous recipe to incorporate into your next BBQ. The sweet peaches combined with the salty parmesan make an incredible combo that I’m sure your guests will love!
– 3 peaches, pitted and each cut into 6 wedges
– Cooking spray
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 red onion chopped into bite sized chunks
– 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
– Pinch of salt
– 10 cups arugula
– Parmesan shavings
– Balsamic Vinegar
– 1/2 cup walnut pieces
1. Prepare grill to high heat
2. Coat onions with olive oil and grill until they soften and grill marks appear (approx. 5 minutes). Season with salt and pepper to taste
3. Place peach wedges on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 30 seconds on each side or until grill marks appear but peaches are still firm.
4. Assemble arugula on plate and top with peaches and onion, drizzle balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with Parmesan and walnuts.
Bruschetta sounds fancy, looks beautiful, but it’s the easiest appetizer to make. If you can slice bread, toss a salad and put them to...READ MORE