Goat Cheese and Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Breasts
I love steak but I also appreciate chicken if it’s prepared with plenty of flavorful ingredients. Try this recipe, which uses goat cheese and sun-dried tomatoes. It tastes great paired with roasted vegetables, or my fave, spicy broccoli.
– 6 boneless chicken breast halves
– ½ cup goat cheese
– 1 tsp dried Italian herbs (a mixture, or use just oregano, basil, or thyme)
– 1 tbs minced fresh Italian parsley
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 4 tbs olive oil
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– ½ cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes (get the kind packed in oil, but drain them first)
– 1 cup full-fat plain soy milk
1. Cut a slit down the side of each chicken breast, creating a pocket
2. In a small bowl, combine the goat cheese, herbs, and parsley. Put a spoonful of goat cheese inside each chicken breast pocket, dividing the mixture evenly between the 6 chicken breasts. Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
3. Put a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Put the olive oil in the pan and sauté the chicken breasts, facing up, until browned. Turn them over and brow the other side, then heat until fully cooked. Remove the chicken breasts and set aside.
4. Add the garlic, tomatoes, and soy milk to the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Scrape all the bits off the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Spoon the sauce over the chicken.
This recipe was originally featured in ‘Naturally Thin’ by Bethenny Frankel, available on Amazon.