Easy Ice Cream Sandwiches
This is a quick way to make a sweet treat that both kids and grownups will love. The variations are endless, since you can choose any cookie and ice cream flavor options you like – and you can even roll the sandwiches in your favorite ice cream topping to add another layer of fun.
– 1 pint nonfat or low-fat ice cream, any flavor
– 8 low-fat, low-calorie cookies, any kind (they just need to be big enough to hold a scoop of ice cream)
– Sprinkles, candy, crushed nuts, or other ice cream toppings (optional)
1. Let the ice cream soften a bit at room temperature.
2. Put a scoop of ice cream on top of one of the cookies. Smooth out the ice cream with a spatula so that it covers the whole cookie. Put another cookie on top to make a sandwich. If you like, roll the sides of the sandwich in whatever topping you want. Lay the sandwich on a small baking sheet.
3. Make the other 3 sandwiches the same way. Wrap in plastic to mold. Place them in the freezer until the ice cream is completely firm.
4. Arrange and serve on a cake platter.
This recipe was originally featured in Skinnygirl Cocktails by Bethenny Frankel, available on Amazon.com.