Easy & Healthy Vegan Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
Can you believe winter is almost here? As the weather gets colder this soup will warm up even the coldest of nights.
Butternut Squash Soup
(Serves 6 to 8)
– 1 medium butternut squash, cut into smallish pieces
– 1 medium onion, diced
– 4 cloves garlic, chopped
– 2 1/2 to 3 cups water
– Pepper to taste
– Cooking spray or 2 tablespoon olive oil, if desired
– Soy milk, if desired
1. Using cooking spray to coat, saute the onion in a pot or pan until it is soft.
2. Add the garlic and continue sauteing for a few more minutes.
3. Add the water and squash at the same time and bring to a boil. Turn heat down and simmer for as long as it takes to soften the squash completely, usually less than 45 minutes.
4. Take the contents of the pot and pour it all into a blender. Blend thoroughly, add spices to your liking.