Crispy Chicken Recipe
This crispy chicken recipe is perfect if you’re looking for a quick and hearty meal.
– 12 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2” thick
– 2 cups buttermilk
– 1 Tbsp hot sauce
– 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
– 3 cups cornflake crumbs
– 1 tsp salt
– 1/2 tsp ground pepper
– 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
– 1 tsp paprika
– 1/2 tsp garlic powder
– 1/2 tsp onion powder
– 1 tsp poultry seasoning
**You can also try the same recipe with tofu!
1. Rinse the chicken in cold water, then place it in a zip-top plastic bag. Add the buttermilk and hot sauce. Close the bag, shake until the chicken pieces are fully coated, and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
2. Place the oven rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 400°F.
3. Spray or brush a cooling rack with cooking oil and place it in a roasting pan or on a baking sheet. Set aside.
4. Pour the flour onto a plate. Set aside.
5. Mix the cornflake crumbs, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and poultry seasoning well in a medium-size bowl until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
6. Pull the chicken breasts out of the bag and place them onto a plate. Pour the marinade into a medium-size bowl. Dredge each breast through the flour until fully coated, but shake off any excess. Then, coat the chicken in the reserved marinade followed by the cornflake crumb mixture.
7. Arrange the chicken pieces onto the prepared cooling rack. Bake for 15 minutes at 400°F, then lower the oven temperature to 350°F and cook for another 15–20 minutes, or until cooked through and crispy.
Time to get your shiz together. Because it’s never too late for a little spring cleaning, here are some of my favorite finds for your work...READ MORE