Cold Quinoa Salad Recipe
Looking for a tasty healthy recipe for quinoa salad? Look no further.
– 1 cup quinoa
– 2 cups water
– 1/4 cup chopped parsley
– 1/2 cup dried cranberries
– 1/3 cup sliced almonds
– 3 Tbs olive oil
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Soak the quinoa briefly in cold water. You can use a fine mesh strainer to remove the saponin — the natural, bitter protective coating on quinoa.
2. Toast the quinoa over medium heat in a large nonstick saucepan, because it brings out the flavor.
3. Add 2 cups water to 1 cup dry quinoa in pan. (Remember the 1, 2, 3 rule: 1 cup dry quinoa + 2 cups water = about 3 cups cooked quinoa.) Bring to a rolling boil, then lower heat and cover. Cook an additional 15 minutes or until quinoa is soft and fluffy.
4. Scoop the quinoa into a large bowl using a spatula.
5. Let quinoa cool. Add olive oil, parsley, cranberries, sliced almonds, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
Your kitchen shouldn’t just be clean for looks. You’re making food here, so this should be one of the most hygienic areas in the house. ...READ MORE