Cold Quinoa Salad Recipe
Looking for a tasty healthy recipe for quinoa salad? Look no further.
– 1 cup quinoa
– 2 cups water
– 1/4 cup chopped parsley
– 1/2 cup dried cranberries
– 1/3 cup sliced almonds
– 3 Tbs olive oil
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Soak the quinoa briefly in cold water. You can use a fine mesh strainer to remove the saponin — the natural, bitter protective coating on quinoa.
2. Toast the quinoa over medium heat in a large nonstick saucepan, because it brings out the flavor.
3. Add 2 cups water to 1 cup dry quinoa in pan. (Remember the 1, 2, 3 rule: 1 cup dry quinoa + 2 cups water = about 3 cups cooked quinoa.) Bring to a rolling boil, then lower heat and cover. Cook an additional 15 minutes or until quinoa is soft and fluffy.
4. Scoop the quinoa into a large bowl using a spatula.
5. Let quinoa cool. Add olive oil, parsley, cranberries, sliced almonds, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve.