Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
Mashed potatoes have always been family favorite and holiday tradition. They’re the ultimate comfort food that reminds us all of home cooking. Cauliflower is a great alternative to starchy mashed potatoes because they are low in carbs and high in folic acid, fiber and vitamin C. Plus, the taste and texture is essentially the same. You can flavor it up in any way you like – I added garlic and Parmesan cheese to my recipe.
Whether you’re watching your carbs or trying to lose weight, or if you simply love hot, creamy comfort food, this recipe is calling your name.
– 2 medium heads cauliflower, cleaned and cut into small pieces
– 4 oz cream cheese, softened
– 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 3/4 tsp salt
– 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
– 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
– 1/4 cup green onions, chopped (optional garnish)
1. Pour 3 quarts of water in a 5-qt crock pot and add 1 tsp salt. Bring the water to a boil, and then add the cauliflower. Cook for about 8 minutes, or until well done.
2. Drain well, then pat the cooked cauliflower dry between several layers of paper towels. Remove as much water as possible.
3. In a food processor or a bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, purée the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic, salt, pepper, and butter until almost smooth. Serve immediately with a garnish of the green onions, if desired.
As you may know, I am the executive producer on FYI Network’s new show “Food Porn.” There are more than 50 million Instagr...READ MORE