This muffin recipe is great. You can substitute other fresh fruit for the blueberries.
– 1¼ cups oat flour
– ¾ cup raw sugar
– 1½ tsp baking powder
– ¼ tsp salt
– ½ cup soy milk
– 2 tbs trans-fat-free shortening, melted
– ¾ tsp real vanilla extract
– ¾ cup fresh blueberries
(Makes 6-8 muffins)
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a cupcake or muffin pan with liners.
2. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. In another bowl, combine the soy milk, melted shortening, and vanilla extract.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in the blueberries.
4. Using an ice-cream scoop, drop the batter into the muffin liners. Bake for 20 minutes, rotating the pan after 10 minutes so that the muffins cook evenly. When done, the muffin tops should be firm. Let them cool for at least 15 minutes and serve warm or at room temperature.
This is an excerpt from The Skinnygirl Dish by Bethenny Frankel, available on Amazon.com.