Bethenny’s Take-Out Pad Thai
Although take-out may be an easier option some nights, it’s usually not the healthiest decision. I love Pad Thai but many places add extra salt or MSG, which can be very unhealthy, not to mention knock up a dish’s calorie count. Instead of dialing out for delivery, give this recipe a try instead.
Calories from a restaurant: 950 calories/30 grams of fat
Calories from this recipe: 142 calories/5 grams of fat
– 1 package of Asian rice noodles
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– 1/2 teaspoon chili paste
– 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
– 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
– 1 teaspoon honey, warmed
– 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
– 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
– 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped cashews
Makes 4 servings
1. Cook and drain the rice noodles according to the package directions. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, garlic, chili paste, ginger, fish sauce, honey, lime juice, sesame oil, salt, and pepper. Whisk until blended and pour over noodles. Toss to coat, top with cilantro and cashews. Serve warm.