Beef Satay Skewers Recipe
I once made these Beef Satay Skewers for Phil Simms, former quarterback for the New York Giants and his family. The recipe is perfect for a Super Bowl party spread or any sports-related event. They’re an elegant, healthier take on “guy food.”
· 5 pounds flank steak or sirloin cut into 40 strips (the butcher can do this for you, or freeze the meat for 30 minutes so it’s easier to slice)
· 12 cloves garlic, chopped
· 8 teaspoons ground coriander
· 8 teaspoons honey
· 2 tablespoons black pepper
· 8 teaspoons salt
· 1 cup low-sodium soy sauce
· 8 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
· 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
· 12 tablespoons any cooking oil
· 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro for garnish
For this recipe, you’ll need 40 wooden skewers. Prepare them ahead of time so that the meat has time to marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Put the beef strips into a large plastic re-sealable bag or in a wide casserole dish. Mix all of the marinade ingredients (not the cilantro) together in a bowl and pour them over the meat. Cover and marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
Soak 40 wooden skewers in water for at least 1 hour. Thread the beef onto the skewers. Grill or broil until done, about 15 minutes on each side. Sprinkle with the cilantro and serve with your favorite Asian or peanut sauce for dipping.
Coming from a place of yes means not only discovering a clearer view of who you really are, but acting on it in every aspect of your life. S...READ MORE