Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are one of my faves, and one of Susan Saradon’s too. They combine heart-healthy rolled oats and walnuts with potassium-packed bananas, to make a delectable, yet healthy dessert. You can even make this recipe vegan-friendly by using soy milk and vegan chocolate chips. Enjoy these cookies with a tall glass of milk (or soy milk) for less than 200 calories.
– 1 1/2 cups oat flour
– 3/4 cup rolled oats
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup raw sugar
– 1/3 cup chocolate chips
– 1 teaspoon canola oil
– 1/3 cup soy milk
– 1/2 cup banana puree (1 medium-size banana)
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Combine all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together, until well combined.
4. Use a medium-size ice cream scoop or a large spoon to scoop batter onto a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
5. Bake for 12 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through cooking, or bake until the edges of the cookies are light brown.
The first two rules for coming from a place of yes: break the chain and find your truth, are about introspection. You go inside and figure ...READ MORE