Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are one of my faves, and one of Susan Saradon’s too. The combines heart-healthy rolled oats and walnuts with potassium-packed bananas, to make a delectable, yet healthy dessert. You can even make this recipe vegan-friendly by using soy milk and vegan chocolate chips. Enjoy these cookies with a tall glass of milk (or soy milk) for less than 200 calories.
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
– 3/4 cup rolled oats
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup raw sugar
– 1/3 cup chocolate chips
– 1 teaspoon canola oil
– 1/3 cup soy milk
– 1/2 cup banana puree (1 medium-size banana)
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Combine all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together, until well combined.
4. Use a medium-size ice cream scoop or a large spoon to scoop batter onto a cookie sheet covered with wax paper.
5. Bake for 12 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through cooking, or bake until the edges of the cookies are light brown.