Almond Peppermint Bark Recipe
This time of year, with temptation staring you down all the time, only go for the stuff that’s really satisfying—it’ll be easier to stop after a bite or two. My peppermint bark is the perfect indulgence for that very reason.
– 1 (16-oz.) bag dark chocolate chips
– ½ cup California Almonds, chopped
– ⅔ cup crushed candy canes, or peppermint candies
– 1 tsp. mint extract
1. Melt a 12-ounce bag of dark chocolate chips in a double boiler.
2. Remove from heat, and stir in 5 crushed candy canes and 1 teaspoon mint extract.
3. Line a small sheet pan with wax paper; pour in dark chocolate mixture, and sprinkle 5 more crushed candy canes over the top.
4. Refrigerate until firm, then break into chunks.
This recipe was originally featured on Health.com.