National Entrepreneurship Month: 7 Ways to Be More Productive
I love to talk about business and write about business and be in business. November is National Entrepreneurship Month, which is right up my alley. In honor of the occasion, I’ll be sharing some of my favorite biz tips each week this month.
To start off, let’s talk about productivity. That “getting shiz done” mode takes a lot of dedication and thought, but there are things you can do to help your mind get there. Here are a few tips to help you be more productive…
1. Get rid of it. If it’s not absolutely necessary, take it off your to-do list.
2. Set goals. When you make a plan for the day, you know what to expect and it’s easier to make it happen. Write your goals down and then make them happen.
3. Become accountable. Tell a coworker or friend about your plans and project deadlines. They’ll know when to expect results, and you’ll get things done in order to avoid disappointing them.
4. Delegate. If someone else can do it, let them. You’ll free yourself up for other projects, and everything will still get done.
5. Treat yourself. Set up small rewards for early or on-time completion of tasks to incentivize yourself to get shiz done.
6. Get an early start. The more time you have for productive work, the more you can achieve.
7. Keep it fun. Make your to-do list more interesting by using colored pens, try out a new look for running errands, or try something else to keep stress levels low and bring in some fun.
Do you have any other go-to productivity tips? Let’s hear ‘em: leave me a message in the comments or on Twitter.