5 Ways to Boost Creativity
Being creative is a good way to stay happy and healthy. It doesn’t always have to mean writing a novel or getting your business off the ground, either. Something as simple as trying a new recipe or putting a new idea into action is all it takes.
Here are five easy ways to boost your creativity:
1. Listen to music. You know how much I love my carpool karaoke. Music helps tap into the part of your brain that controls actions, emotions, and creativity. There’s nothing like rocking out to your favorite playlist to inspire you.
2. Daydream. Letting your mind wander can help you tackle your problems more creatively. Instead of stressing about deadlines and forcing yourself to focus, don’t be afraid to zone out for a few.
3. Take a walk. Getting out and about energizes your body and senses while stimulating your imagination. The combination of light exercise and the great outdoors can work wonders.
4. Try something new. Breaking your usual routine to try something new helps inspire creative thought. Even something simple like taking a new route to work or trying a new recipe will do.
5. Get social… but spend time alone, too. Spending time with friends and talking things through can be helpful for boosting your creativity. But it’s also important to take some time for yourself. Enjoy the peace and quiet and get your thoughts in order.
What are your go-to ways to boost your creativity? Let me know in the comments.