Providing real time emergency assistance to people in crisis
Recent bstrong Missions
Paradise Fires – California
Hurricane Willa – Mexico
Hurricane Michael – Florida
Hurricane Florence – North Carolina
Ongoing Missions Include:
Australia Bushfires – Mission Outline
- Sending first tranche of Miami Beach Firefighters (approx. 20 firefighters) to New South Wales to assist their fire services units.
- Will continue to send planes with firefighters until fires are contained.
- Next team = 50 firefighters
- Will continue to send teams on rotation.
- Amassing fire gear from various fire departments in the US. Sending containers of gear to equip volunteer firefighters for the entire fire season, which continues for another 3 months in Australia.
- Giving bstrong gift cards at shelters
- Funding organizations working on the ground in Australia saving animals.
- Supplied 400 volunteer firefighters with full gear.
- On ground for 3 months.
- Just sent a container to prepare 300 more firefighters for the next fire season (total of 700 sets of gear sent to firefighters)
Puerto Rico Earthquake
- Cash cards distributed in Puerto Rico to people who lost their homes.
- Our year-round 40,000 sq ft warehouse receives aid daily from the entire country, so we are always ready.
- We collect, sort, palletize and ship. That alone is a full time enterprise. We are able to get the nation’s aid into the hands of the needy in real time within 48 hours of most events.
- Delivered over 195,000 pounds of supplies to aid victims of Hurricane Dorian.
- Assisted in over 850 evacuations.
- 2.5 m lbs of aid sent to Bahamas in 14 ship loads.
- Supplied aid to N. Abaco since Sept 3 (ongoing).
- Rebuilding 3 main schools that will put 1000 children back in school
- Repairing 700 homes that will put over 5,000 people back in their homes.
Recent Missions Include:
Hurricane Florence, 2018
- Provided $25,000 in cash cards and aid to Hurricane Florence victims in North Carolina.
- Supplied search and rescue teams with food and drinks. Supplied two shelters with food, toys for children, and supplies.
Hurricane Michael, 2018
- Delivered a truck of aid and cash cards to Hurricane Michael victims in Florida.
Hurricane Willa, 2018
- Delivered a truck of aid to the shelters in Nayarit Mexico within 48 hours after Hurricane Willa hit the coast.
California Fires, 2018
- Woosley Fire, California: Delivered Cash Cards to members of the Boy’s and Girls Club of Malibu and residents of Angora
- On ground for 9 months providing relief for the California fires. Over 300k in cash cards distributed.
Hurricane Irma & Maria, 2017
- In 2017, supplied 55 donated planes with aid to the Caribbean after Hurricane Irma and Maria.
- 106, 40 ft containers sent to 6 countries and 2 territories for Hurricane Irma.
- Over 10 million pounds of supplies sent. 55 planes total.
- Filled and sent 86 containers to partner organizations Yonomequito & Third Wave Volunteers in Puerto Rico.
- Sent 10 containers to the Virgin Islands, and a small ship with aid for Dominica, St Maarten and other countries.
Volcán de Fuego eruption, 2018
- Assisted the people of Guatemala with three relief missions after Volcano De Fuego erupted. Provided cash cards and aid at shelters.
Lower Puna Eruption, 2018
- Delivered cash cards in Hawaii to the volcano and earthquake victims at two shelters in Puna.