Bethenny’s Favorite Finds: Wardrobe Essentials
Just like your pantry should have all the basics for making a good meal anytime, your closet should have all the basics for putting together a good outfit anytime. Everybody wants to know what basic pieces they should have. I’m not Tim Gunn, but I have my own list. First, I would say not to be afraid of color. Black is safe and slimming, so people overdo it. Color wakes up your face and can actually put you in a better mood, but you don’t have to wear it from head to toe.
Here are the basic wardrobe pieces I think every girl should have – you can combine these endlessly and dress them up or down depending on shoes, bags, and accessories.
– A fitted blazer in a neutral color (black, camel, navy)
– Five good quality tank tops in gray, nude, black and two fun, rich colors. (When they get faded or stretched, throw them out. They are cheap to replace.)
– Two to three cardigans in different colors.
-Two pairs of good, non-faded leggings.
-Two to four pairs of fitted jeans in different styles: skinny, straight leg, wide leg, and boyfriend.
– A wrinkle-free black dress you love.
– A colorful wrap dress you love.
– A good pair of neutral flats.
– Comfortable heels that make you feel sexy.
– One really great statement necklace.
– Silver and gold hoop earrings.
– Colorful dangle earrings for summer.
– Two or three scarves in different colors.
– A good crossbody/tote.
– A good night clutch.
– Sunglasses that flatter you in two neutral colors that go with many outfits – I suggest black and tortoiseshell.
– A good summer sun hat.
– A good winter hat.
You’ll probably have many other things you like and want to own, like sweaters, skirts, dress pants, and sandals, but if you have these basics, you’ll be able to get dressed for any occasion.