Bethenny’s Favorite Finds: 5 Tips for an Easy Bedroom Makeover
You spend a third of your life in your bedroom, so it should be impeccably clean. A few easy shifts will make your bedroom look brand-new.
1. If your sheets are shot, buy new ones. You shouldn’t have to use torn or stained sheets. Nice ones aren’t expensive at Kmart, Target, Walmart, or T.J. Maxx. Buy a higher thread count and enjoy. You should love your linens, too, and they should always feel fresh and clean.
2. To preserve your nice duvet, throw a regular cotton blanket on top of the duvet so your pet can lie on it. Take the blanket off when showing people around.
3. Candles are cozy, but don’t go so crazy that your bedroom looks like a bordello. Peel the labels off. No brand names, no bright colors, no cheap fragrance. Just simple, nice, white candles will add elegance. High-quality candles burn longer and don’t have that headachy smell.
4. I personally opt for blackout shades because sleep has always been an issue for me. If the sun wakes you up prematurely, invest in these. They can make a huge difference in your sleep quality, which will make a huge difference in your life quality. I also use an eye mask, which can make up for even the flimsiest curtains.
5. Choose a color scheme and style you love that calms you but that you can change easily. Your duvet, sheets, window treatments, seating, lamps, any decorative items, and paint or wallpaper can all establish your style but can be switched out when you want to go with a new color or look.
This is an excerpt from Skinnygirl Solutions by Bethenny Frankel, available on Amazon.com.
I don’t consider myself to be vegetarian, but I do enjoy eating vegetarian dishes because most of the time, they are a lot healthier than...READ MORE