Married Life // 07.17.14 // 6 Comments

Five Wives: How is Jealously Not an Issue?

On the show, Bethenny has often discussed a man's ability to work a lot of burners when it comes to balancing different women and relationships. In this episode, Bethenny meets a man who is certainly mastering this skill... keeping all five of his wives satisfied and jealousy-free. Find out how...

Progressive polygamists Brady, his five wives and 24 children, are the stars of TLC's new series "My Five Wives."

Watch their premiere episode on Sunday, March 9 at 10/9c on TLC.

Comments

Whitney

I was absolutely disgusted by the episode aired on March 7th called: "TLC's "My Five Wives"; Diet Debate: Paleo or Pale-No?: Test Your Beauty Smarts".
How does the production crew of this program think it is acceptable for the audience to interrogate this lifestyle with the questions asked? If it was a gay couple sitting on the couch, would those questions be acceptable?
I feel like an unknown lifestyle does not make off-shade comments acceptable. Don't condemn their lifestyle because of your ignorance.

Lorie Thomsen

Hi Bethenny, on a program for women and womens' reltioships you missed the chance to keep your audience focused on the positive sides of having five siser wives. All of us need to thank these women for coming on the show. The program and audience could have focused more on what these women gain from their lives. I have a fantastic boyfriend, and wonderful girfriends, but I would like a family like this. I feel having five sister wives would be fantastic and great. Sure nothing is without bumps and roughspots, but WOW, think of the good times!

Men are women are often gone from thier familes for milatary service and jobs. No one judges them about how much time they spend with their family members. Be nice people!

This is a great program for connecting women all over and making us feel understood and part of something special.
Please remember to keep the focus on what we gain by this connection!
Thanks, Lorie Thomsen

Kai

The children reflect the unholiness of these adulteress' situations. God says one man and one woman, not one man with five women. It says in the Bible, holy offspring comes out of a married union. Every other wife other than his first wife, is adultery. The children have a very gloomy sickly aura about them. Very sad

Debbie

It's clear that this family was only invited to the show so that everyone could throw stones at them and judge them! I'm not a polygamist but it was a pathetic show. Come on people, if you don't agree with their life style then so be it. I'm sure there are always people that won't agree with how each of us live our lives. LIVE AND LET LIVE!! wtf????

Judging Others

7 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Shame on you Bethenny Show!!

Mercedes

This is a lifestyle that these grown adults choose to live. The only concern here might be the children but they look like they are loved and cared for so I say let them live their lives. It isn't something I would do but I can't judge and say what is right. No one can. Everyone just needs to focus on making the best of their own lives and worry less about the lifestyles others choose!

Katherine Kem

This family doesn't seem to have a sweetness about them. There's a lot of angst and jealousy here. The husband can't be a great Daddy to 24 children, no way, and his face told it when asked about it. I'm not crazy about poligamy, but it's their deal. As for why they're doing "My Five Wives," I'd assume 24 children.