Talk Bethenny // 02.26.14 // 367 Comments

An Open Letter From Me to You

Well this is an open letter, so maybe you have heard the news. "Bethenny" won't be coming back for another season.

People ask me how I feel about this, so I wanted to share it with you straight up.

What I love about doing my talk show is connecting to women. I love the opportunity to inspire, to be inspired and to be able to help women to be their best, succeed and feel better about themselves.

I also love working with such an incredibly talented and hard working staff and crew. Unlike working with my assistant, daughter and Cookie in my apartment, I interact with hundreds of people every day. I see a unique cast of characters and those days are filled with laughter.

The most difficult part of this departure was having to tell them that they were out of a job although they know it is part of the career path they have chosen. Even more amazing is how professional they are and how despite the cancellation, every day they come in wanting to produce the best shows they can. I have heard horror stories about the end of a show run where the staff checks out completely. They take pride in this work and this show and they are finishing as strong as we started. That is inspiring to me.

My friend Robert Verdi described doing a talk show better than anyone. Before we started, he told me, "You are a traffic cop." What he meant was that to guide the amazing interviews, business segments and relationship talk, you are directing traffic. "Coming up," "When we come back," "Up next," and the list goes on and on.

In order to have the freedom to create a talk show, there are required elements that the job entails. This is the part that I didn't enjoy so much and that wasn't authentic to me. In addition, I tend to be quite inappropriate which may not be suitable for daytime television or for the suits that run network television nationwide.

Unlike my time on Bravo, I felt a bit diluted, filtered and somewhat constricted. I am a free spirit. My late father (a horse trainer) used to say "She is a mustang. You need to let her run." I am more comfortable in my natural surroundings and in a setting where I'm surrounded by crazy, where anything goes and where I can be authentically me. When interviewed about the show, I always said that it could only work if I was true to myself and only if it was genuinely a good fit and marriage which it turned out not to be.

I am so grateful for the experience and to those of you who went on this journey with me. It was fun, exciting, scary and a great challenge.

As easy as people like Ellen, Oprah, Wendy, Rachael and Steve make it look, it is one of the hardest jobs I have ever done, and I have so much more respect for them having been through this experience. They are warriors and champions who make a very difficult job look effortless.

So to answer how I feel, I am relieved. What I really want right now is to be with my daughter, to do yoga, to focus on Skinnygirl and my writing, and to give myself a break. I have been striving and climbing and white-knuckling for so long that I need a rest from the grind. I'm a little over myself and wouldn't blame anyone else for being over me as well.

I love you all and we will be in touch as we always were. Thank you for always being there.

Love,
Bethenny

Comments

(Page 1 of 24) 1234567Older
Andrea

I am very sad to hear that Bethenny will not be returning. I really enjoy her show. Bethenny is a great role model.
Love you Bethenny.

rebecca Barker

why ?? is the show going off air.
this is the show i like
i hope the show comes back.
i love what you do for us lady's at home
we look forward to you every day
peace and love to you. please
bring Benthenny back

Mara

Bethenny,

You have been among some amazing people doing talk shows. For me, you are one of the most amazing people I have ever seen on TV. I never watched your show on Bravo and didn't know how your show would be or what kind of person you were. I was so surprised. You are one of the most inspiring and kind people ever on TV. I find you to be so easy to relate to, so sweet, so inspiring and so kind. I feel so devastated that you are no longer going to be on your own talk show. I feel like we needed someone like you to inspire and help people to be positive even if it is hard and a struggle some days. I just don't understand how your show could be gone when you were one of the most amazing people I've ever seen. I am so upset!!! Maybe your show was more like a show to watch for fun and not a necessity so sometimes even though people liked (and loved) the show they didn't specifically tune in with their busy schedules. I feel like the way you inspired me that you just have a special gift and never thought you would not be there for us to watch.

Joyce

I am truly going to miss you and your wonderful show Bethenny...I understand what you said, and I wish you nothing but happiness and more good fortune (which you will find) while you are on your next path in this great life we have. You've come a long way baby! haha So while you are enjoying your beautiful daughter and taking care of you, your "baby" Skinnygirl and writing, just remember there are so many people out here that respect and love the woman that you are, just the way you are!! God Bless you!

Evie Sullivan

I am so sorry you didn't make it and so suprised! I thought you would replace the best of them! I have always enjoyed watching everything you do but have to say as a 72 yr old woman I kind of got tired of hearing about relationships, which I know is not the norm. I really enjoyed you helping the people you helped financially, I think maybe peole won't let you be off the air and will demand your return! God Bless you and your family!

Evie Sullivan

Sharon

Doors close for a reason. Another one will open with something more suited. I personally, can't wait for another book.

Felicia Audris

My Dear Lady,B F

I live my life believing, knowing that My Bethenny, day will come! I am homeless and I have a job that pay $60...0 per month.
Please have your last Show on my JOB!!!!! I love you B, and I am proud of you.

One love,
Felicia

Tosha Joseph

Bethenny,

God Bless you and continue to reach for the stars. I became a fan of yours on Bravo, because you were true to yourself and didn't conform to what society and/or hollywood wanted you to be. I will miss watching you open up to people and speak from your heart. You said once before on Bravo that you are damaged. You couldn't be more wrong, you were then and now a kind, generous, sensitive, intelligent and nurturing person.

My prayer for you is that you embrace who you are and know that you are worthy of all that you have accomplished and that you find a man who loves and deals with you from his heart to yours.

Good luck and thank you

Kim Barton

Bethenny was so disappointed to hear that your show is being cancelled. I love the way you are so to the point, mostly in censored, and your topics and guests are great. It is really the ONLY talk show I watch. I finally found a show I really enjoyed and now it's going off-air. I understand how you feel regarding wanting to spend time with your daughter and your Skinny Girl business but I am very disappointed in the network for not letting you do what you do that makes women enjoy tuning in to the network. Sorry to see you go but enjoy your daughter... they grow up to fast! Will miss you and your show! Kim Barton

Vivian

HI Bethenny, so sorry to hear this. I LOVED your show!! I work until 5 everyday and I use to race home to catch it. You are an amazing woman. Funny & very tenderhearted. Good things are coming your way. God Bless you and your family..

Harvenia Parker

Hi Bethenny,
I am very sad to see your show go off the air. I have been a fan since you were on the Housewives. I followed your show and watched you get married and have a beautiful daughter. I am a retired teacher and watching your show added a lightness, fun, information and just a relaxed feeling in the morning. I will truly miss your show. Please take a break and get back on some network. You are fabulous!!!

Jamie

Dear Bethenny,

I'm so sad to hear your show is ending. I didn't believe the tabloids and sites until I read your letter. You and your staff have done such an amazing job keeping up the quality of your work! I truly am shocked. The show is so unique, refreshing and much needed. When it started I thought "finally a great show that stands out and will last!" It's the one thing I look forward to everyday. You've really changed my outlook on life for the better. You have been and continue to be an inspiration to many and I have no doubt we will be seeing more of you soon. You are so strong and beautiful inside and out.

xoxo, see you soon
Jamie

Pam Kearney

Bethenny, I have been watching you since the Housewives started. I watched your spin offs and love your talkshow, but if this is something you need to do, i support your situation completely. We as women should support and bring eachother up to a higher level, instead of pulling down. I appreciate you and what you have done, not many people could have pulled all of this off. I am disappointed but i am sure we will see you soon. Take care of yourself and that beautiful little girl, we are all cheering for you all the time. Thanks for being you xoxo

JAPCU

Dearest Bethenny- How sad I am to hear of your tv show is not returning. You are a Blast to watch on TV,you are to the point,which is what I like in a person.Hopefully in the near future the TV Gods will have your show return on a weekly basis.Enjoy your daughter,time goes by way too quick, Keep making your Skinny Girl products and Enjoy life.Myself & friends were lucky enough to be part of your first show aired at the Burbank studio,it was AWESOME and so are you.Enjoy what life has to offer & continued success and all the Blessings to you and your daughter and staff.

Joanne Feeney

Please let Bethenny that her show is the best! No one could be a better host and it was great to see what we really talk about when we are with our friends! You are amazing as you have always been yourself, since the 1st time I saw you on NHWONY. If they are trying to reign you in, that isn't your type of deal. Go Cable! You crack me up, and inspire....you the bomb! Best of luck on what ever you do, you will Rock no matter what!

Fondly, Jo