Recipe Renovation: Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Glaze
Recipe renovations help you enjoy the foods you love without the guilt and this cake is proof of that! Try Bethenny's updated (and low-cal) version of a moist chocolate cake with a peanut butter glaze.
Ingredients for chocolate cake
1 1/4 cups oat flour
1 cup raw sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup warm water
1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Ingredients for peanut butter glaze
1/2 cup raw sugar
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons soy milk
2 tablespoons creamy 100% peanut butter
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
Directions for chocolate cake
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put all the ingredients in a bowl and stir until combined.
2. Pour the batter into a loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 40-50 minutes, rotating the pan about halfway through the baking time. When a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, it’s done.
3. Let the cake cool completely, then top with Peanut Butter Glaze.
Directions for peanut butter glaze
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix with a hand blender until the sugar crystals are dissolved. If they aren't dissolving, you can gently heat the mixture until they do (heat on low on the stove or on 50 percent power in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds). Be careful of spattering when blending this recipe.
2. Spread the glaze on the cake. Slice and serve.