Dating // 11.15.13 // 7 Comments

Is It Okay to Have Sex on the First Date? Tell Us!

What do you think: is it okay to have sex on the first date? Does it hurt the relationship? Is it an "old school" idea to refrain?

We asked girlfriends to share their ideas about this on "bethenny." Watch what they have to say and then weigh in on our Facebook page!

Post by Bethenny.

Comments

Q

NO. That's ridiculous to tell someone it's ok to share your most precious treasure God gave you with someone on a first date! That is deception and worldly thinking for sure. When you have sex you are co-mingling all that is in that person's spirit with yours. If someone is the right one, they will wait for you. It's also about self worth. And using a condom is just a carnal attempt to fight a spiritual battle.

ANONYMOUS

YES, but only if you're comfortable with it. Don't do it if you feel like you SHOULD as a way to thank him for dinner. My husband and I had sex on the 1st date, after only knowing each other for a week. After that date, he went out and bought be an engagement ring and we are still VERY happily married (and VERY sexually active) even after 25 years!

mathew

yes is ok to have sex

ew

Sex on the 1st date is preferred for me.I hate wasting all that time on "maybes"

Amber

It's not something I brag about, but I did have sex with my husband on the "first date" and we have been together now for 8 years. Yes, we've had our rough patches like every couple but I can not picture myself with any other man, and I'm confident he feels the same about me.
Would I suggest it? Not really, but it worked for us!

Margaretha Madison

It's not ok to have sex on first date. You should respect yourself and get to know each other first. You don't know if that person is a killer or whatever.

Tonie

No it just cheapens yourself.and the man gets points for not trying.