Recipes // 10.4.13 // 6 Comments

How to Make Guilt-Free Fried Chicken, with QVC's David Venable

QVC's David Venable dropped by to show Bethenny the skinny version of the ultimate comfort food; fried chicken with mashed potatoes. As David says, it's easy to get carried away by comfort foods, but it's also surprisingly easy to cook up less fattening versions that taste just as great.

To get the Skinny Fried Chicken and Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes recipe, click here

Comments

Dina

1 T. Hotsauce
1/2 Cup All purpose flour
3 C. cornflake or Panko crumbs
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp. poultry seasoning

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On middle rack, bake for 15 mins at 400 degrees, then lower the temp to 350 degrees and cook for another 15-20 mins.

Lori

The chicken sounds awesome but how do you expect people to make it if you don't give us the recipe and the time and temperature to cook it. And you never even showed us how to make the mashed cauliflower or provided that recipe either. Please, when you show cooking food give us access to the recipe on your website. It's very annoying wanting to cook what we see but don't have directions. Otherwise, LOVE the show. Thanks.

SUZANNE BABER

Listen, I made this chicken last night! I too, was looking for a temp. on the Oven and COULD NOT FIND it mentioned. So, I marinated the chicken breasts in ( 1 cup milk with one TBLSP Vinegar sat for 10 min.) makes Buttermilk cause I didn't have any! I kept the chicken in the Zip Lock bags in the refridge about 30 min.I dipped them in flour, redipped them in my "Buttermilk and then dipped in bread crumbs.Corn Flakes is too crunchy for my Mom and her teeth issues. Put them in the Oven 350 degrees for 25 min on one side and 15-20 min on the other side depending on the size of the boneless skinless chicken breast. It was THE BEST chicken I ever made for me and my Mom! It was by far the moistest chicken I ever made. Next time I will marinate the chicken overnight in the buttermilk. I served with a red pot. homemade applesauce and green beans for my Mom! It was so delicious and moist! My Mom with Alzheimers loved it! Thank You...Sincerely Suzanne NC Mountains

Kathleen Cagey

I just LOVE Bethenny. She's so down to earth! I enjoy her humor. Her show is WONDERFUL!

Sarah

This recipe doesn't share the measurements, or the temperature and time to cook the chicken. Could you please share? Looks amazing and can't wait to try it!

SANDRA GREEN

I love the show it is my new morning thing to do. I really like the healthy cooking segment. I started growing my own vegestables last summer. So this summer I grow my vegestables and saved them for the winter.

So keep going girl it is a very good talk show. Wish I could see you live, but my income won't let do traveling and today I turned 65 years young.

Love You,