Bethenny's Daily Makeup Routine: Blush, Highlighter, and Lipstick
I’m no makeup expert — I just do what works for me. For example, cream blush is very in — I use a pink so I look feminine instead of the angry beast I am, but maybe you look better in peachy corals. Play around with it!
Even though I don’t know exactly what to do with each brush or product, I see what other people do and I copy it, because it’s fun. Get creative with your look and figure out what shades make you feel best.
Here are a few tips that work really well:
• Forget the severe ‘80s swipe-your-blush-up-to-your temples technique. Start with cream blush, which is very “in” right now, on the apples of your cheeks and blend with your fingers, or you can use a puffy brush — whatever works for you.
• Use more blush than you need to, because blush tends to go away really quickly.
• Cream isn't enough, so keep a powder blush compact in your purse and bust it out when your makeup starts to fade — like around midnight.
• You can do powder after your blush if you have oily skin, but I go straight for the highlighter for a dewy, fresh look. I put a little highlighter on my nose, a small amount on my forehead, and then some around my eyes in a C-shape.
• For lipstick, nudes are hot right now, but if you’re wearing blacks and grays, go for a pinky, feminine shade to look alive. With floral prints, do wear nudes, and don’t be afraid of red for the holidays.
• Line your lips with a pencil, then fill them in with a lip product like Tarte Lipsurgence Matte Lip Tint. Finish it off with a clear or pink gloss, and you’re done. That’s the face!
Also check out the first two parts of my makeup routine: sunscreen, foundation, concealer, and brows is step one, then I show you how I do my eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara — but you can make my tips work for you!
Do you want a wardrobe makeover? Tell me why you need one, and I might whip your closet into shape on my new talk show, premiering September 9th — find out when to watch.
Are you a lipstick, lip gloss, or lip stain kind of girl (or all three)? Let me know in the comments.