My Daily Makeup Routine: Sunscreen, Foundation, Concealer, and Brows
I’ve had makeup artists out the wazoo do my makeup, but if I’m heading out for low-key dinner or drinks with girlfriends, I’m doing my face by myself… in my closet. Yep, I’m that kind of girl — holed up and testing out makeup techniques, sometimes when I can’t sleep.
I’m letting you in on the best makeup tips that work for me, but you’ve got to find out what works for you, no matter what a department store or makeup artist tells you. Just do the best you can!
Here are a few easy tips that work really well:
• Sweep SPF 30 onto your face using a makeup brush to spread the sunscreen evenly; use a retractable one if you’re on the go. My dermatologist says any SPF over 30 is a scam and will get you the same level of sun protection.
• Don’t use sponges for foundation — they just suck up all the product. Brushes are way better. I put a tiny bit in my hand and dip the brush into it that way before applying it to my face, making sure to do the neck.
• A small Sonia Kashuk makeup brush works well for applying concealer under the eyes, but my new discovery is that a fluffier eye shadow brush meant for the eye crease is great for spreading the concealer around and eliminating that spackled look.
• I also brush a little under-eye concealer onto the tops of my eyes so everything matches — after that, you can hit blemishes with the brush if you need to.
• I put a little pencil on my brows and then brush them upward, just so everything’s intact. Easy-peasy.
Come back next Wednesday to see the eyeshadow part of my makeup routine — then watch the last part the week after for blush and highlighter tips.
And for great hints about how to spend less on beauty products, check out this segment from the test run of my talk show. All-new episodes will start airing September 9th!
Do you have a makeup tip you live by? Let me know in the comments!