Bethenny Cam // 05.28.13 // 7 Comments

Beauty by Bethenny: How I Wear a Headband

Untitled Document

A quick hair fix is a total godsend on busy days: Bethenny took a break, post-workout and manicure and before picking up Bryn from school, to show us how she styles her hair on day three after a blow-dry.

“It’s not gross; it’s just kind of lifeless, so the move is gonna have to be a headband,” Bethenny says. If she went another day without washing, she says, it would be a hat.

Here’s how to use a stylish headband, like Bethenny’s vintage Gucci one, to get a sleek, grown-up look:

1. Turn your head upside down and spritz the roots with a dry shampoo like Bethenny’s favorite, Oscar Blandi Pronto Invisible Volumizing Dry Shampoo Spray.

2. Fluff the hair (or “jhushz” it, in Bethenny lingo) to get some volume.

3. Carefully slide a headband straight back from your forehead, until a few inches of your hairline is exposed.

“A headband can be a good thing,” she says. “I know it’s very “Gossip Girl”; I am 42, not 22, with a smudged nail, but this is how I’m rockin'.”

You can sport Bethenny’s gorgeous mani too: The color she’s wearing is Stylenomics by Essie.

Comments

Riky

Use cuticle oil to help clean up a smudge on your nail instead.

Mish

If you spray pam on your nails it helps them dry faster!

Tammy Lee Pipes

YOU SEEMS TO BE ROCKING AND ROLLING. YOU MEET WOMEN ON THEIR LEVEL AND THAT IS WHAT WE LIKE MOST (BEST) ABOUT YOU. I KNOW THAT I WILL BE WATCHING YOUR T.V. SHOW TO SHOW RESPECT AND TO TO SUPPORT YOU. I HAVE BEEN THERE WITH YOU SINCE THE BEGINNING AND I WANT TO SEE HOW FAR YOU WILL GO BETHENNY. BEST OF LUCK

TAMMY LEE PIPES

Haemund

I don't like washing my hair too! Think I'm gonna get a few headbands for the occasion and shampoo spray!! :D

Brittany

I love you Bethenny. I have started my own handmade hair accessory business on Etsy and wanted to share with you. My shop is called BizzyBCrafts after the story my dad always tells me about my ability to always keep busy since I was little. I love you and I can not wait for your show!

Brittany
www.etsy.com/shop/bizzybcrafts

Sheryl

I am just soo happy that Bethany is going to be back on the air! She is a great inspiration to me. I love her for being her.

AmyLynn Stafford

Love this post on headbands! I'm a stay at home mom who just started a headband business. You've done so much for me and I'd like to show my appreciation. Please go to my facebook page www.facebook.com/overtheirheadsand pick out a headband for you and Bryn. They are on me of course!
Sending love and hugs!