5 Ways To Trick Yourself Into Working Out
Exercise should be like a good friend. If you don't see them in a while, you pick up right where you left off. However, sometimes we need a little motivation. Here are some quick tips you can use to get going:
- If you are a morning person: make your workout the first thing you do, even before you brush your teeth. Literally, sleep in your comfy workout clothes, roll out of bed, tie your shoes and hit the pavement. A morning jog, morning yoga session, or even taking a long walk with the dog will get your blood flowing and get your daily exercise out of the way before you even know what hit you.
- Get a workout buddy: whether it's your husband, your daughter, your neighbor, or your best friend, being accountable to someone makes the difference between hitting the snooze button or making it to that early morning workout.
- Combine your workout with your favorite TV show: if you workout inside, make a rule that you can't watch the latest episode of your favorite show unless you're working out at the same time.
- Create your own rewards program: promise yourself that after 30 consecutive days of working out, you will treat yourself to a spa day, or a new outfit. But be strict! You only get the reward if you've earned it. If you fall off the wagon, the counter goes back to zero.
- Here's one "don't": whatever reward system you create, don't make it about food. For example, "I can have an ice cream cone if I do thirty minutes of cardio." Healthy, nourishing food is its own reward. Using junk food as an incentive to workout sets you up to get in the habit of emotional eating. Your workout should always be about feeling your best, not feeling inadequate. So, get moving and start feeling great, everyday!
How do you "trick" yourself to work out?
Let's strategize in the comments section below.